If you have issues with the connection of your Yamaha soundbar to TV, chances are the following step-by-step instructions will help you.
4 Best ways to connect Yamaha soundbar to TV
How to connect Yamaha soundbar to TV with HDMI
This is how you will connect the Yamaha soundbar to your TV with HDMI ARC.
- Each TV has different options for HDMI. You should find it first before the further procedure. ( HDMI stands for High definition multimedia interface and ARC stands for Audio Return Channel).
- First, go to the backside of the TV and find ARC. It is normally written as an HDMI port under an HDMI port on your TV. You will easily find it as ports are labeled.
- After finding HDMI port switch off both your TV and Yamaha soundbar. This step is for your safety.
- Connect one end of HDMI cable with your Yamaha soundbar HDMI port and the other with your TV HDMI output.
- Switch ON your TV and soundbar.
- Now change both device settings on HDMI.
- Check your TV settings, you will find the HDMI option. Just turn on the HDMI mode.
- Go to the Yamaha Soundbar chooses HDMI as the audio source.
- Now you have set a connection between your TV and soundbar.
- You can control your Yamaha soundbar with your TV remote or soundbar remote.
- Verify that your TV audio is connected to the Yamaha soundbar. To verify press the TV button on Yamaha remote control and check that sound is output from the Yamaha soundbar.
- Now enjoy a high-quality audio system for your TV through a Yamaha soundbar.
How to connect Yamaha soundbar to Tv with Optical cable
The optical cable is one of the most famous ways of connecting TV and soundbar. Now every TV has an optical audio output option.
Yamaha soundbar also provides an optical cable option for your TV. It is easy to set your Yamaha soundbar to a TV with an optical cable.
This is how you will set the connection between your TV and Yamaha soundbar with an Optical Cable.
- First, turn OFF your TV and Yamaha soundbar. This will protect you from any sudden current incident.
- Now take your optical cable and insert it one end into the Yamaha soundbar input source.
- Insert the other end of the optical cable to your TV’s output the source. Make sure the optical cable is properly inserted into the right input and output sources.
- To enjoy good audio select optical as input on the Yamaha soundbar.
- Likewise, select optical as the audio output on your TV.
- Now it’s time to test the audio. Turn the TV On and check the voice quality. Sometimes it takes a little time for the audio to start. If it does not start reset it.
- You can also check the manual to set the Yamaha soundbar with your TV via optical cable.
How to connect Yamaha soundbar to Tv with coaxial cable
If your Tv does not have an optical cable option for output. Then go for the coaxial cable option.
This process is exactly like optical cable. Just replace the optical cable with a coaxial cable.
- First, turn Off both devices.
- Insert coaxial cable one end with TV and the other end with Yamaha soundbar. Yamaha soundbar will remain input source and TV will remain output source.
- After inserting the coaxial cable select the STB button on your Yamaha soundbar remote control.
- After inserting and setting the audio system now turn the Tv and enjoy high-quality audio of the Yamaha soundbar.
How to connect Yamaha soundbar to TV with BlueTooth
If you do not like wire clutter then Bluetooth is the best option. Bluetooth is a clean way to set up an audio connection for your TV. Its little defect is that sound quality is not as good as other ways.
But if you are a wireless connection lover then just go for it.
This is similar to using Bluetooth on your cell phone. When you connect your mobile Bluetooth with a soundbar Bluetooth all sound will come through the soundbar.
Here is the simplest method to connect the Yamaha soundbar to TV with BlueTooth.
- First, check that both your TV and Yamaha soundbar have Bluetooth options.
- In case your TV does not have Bluetooth you can use Bluetooth adopter. Connect this Bluetooth adopter with optical/coaxial cable or HDMI. These will transmit signals to the soundbar.
- First Turn On TV and Yamaha soundbar.
- Then go to the TV menu and select the Bluetooth option. Turn it On.
- Likewise, go to your Yamaha soundbar settings and turn on its Bluetooth.
- After turning ON Bluetooth options of both devices it’s time for pairing them.
- Check your Yamaha soundbar name in the pairing device list of your TV Bluetooth menu.
- Select your Yamaha soundbar and pair it with your TV. Wait for a few seconds to pair up the devices.
- After pairing is complete you will listen to all audio through Yamaha soundbar Bluetooth.
I hope one of the 4 methods above could have helped you with your issues. You can also read a related article here.